Yesterday some of the NFL‘s elite players showed off the new uniforms for the upcoming 2012 season for all 32 NFL teams. Designed by Nike, these new uniforms come with a list of scientific and technological upgrades than their predecessor’s design – Reebok (how’d they lose THAT account?). You ask what upgrades? Well, peep the Nike Elite 51 uniform listing below.
- Flywire Technology: eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit
- Zoned Mesh Ventilation: cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation
- Zoned Strength: high tenacity, stretch material for light weight lockdown strength
- Mobility Cut: 4-way stretch, hydrophobic materials helps increase range of motion, wet or dry
- Stretch Twill Numbers: 4-way stretch even on numbering system
- Deflex Padding: lightweight, flexible impact protection incorporated directly into the pant
- Aluminum D-Ring Belt: aircraft-grade D-ring belt reduces weight
- Nike Vapor Game Sock: advanced zonal cushioning system relieves cleat pressure
- Hyperstrong 4-Pad Top: provides defense in high-impact areas without sacrificing mobility
- Hyperstrong Compression 3/4 Pant: built for speed and engineered for impact protection
- Nike Vapor Talon Elite Cleat: forefoot traction for pin-point grip, hyperfuse construction for strength and stability, molded carbon fiber insert delivers lockdown with seamless fit, dual-pod collar and carbon fiber shank plate for explosive first step
NYC based photographer, Jonathan Mannion came down to Miami during Art Basel and exhibited a selection of some of his classic photographs from throughout his career. During the opening night of the three-day exhibition at AE District in Miami, which also featured a live performance by up and coming rapper ASAP Rocky and a set by DJ Clark Kent, Jonathan showed his exhibition and talked about his craft.
Ecstatic Freshness Media Group
We’re always on the lookout for all things cool and innovative; and the RYNO fills that search today. I saw this one night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, but didn’t know what it was. What is the RYNO, exactly?
RYNO Motors Inc., based in Portland, OR, offers cost competitive, energy-efficient, personal transportation products allowing consumers to move through their community, business and environment in a highly efficient manner. RYNO is well positioned to ride the wave of the growing demand for urban commute vehicles driven by urban congestion, fuel costs, and the sustainability movement.
Check out the RYNO in action after the jump, Read more…
Oki-ni presents The Usual Suspects, honing in on a couple of key designers that have been in the business of making stylish menswear for quite some time. But the most enjoyable part about this selection of imagery is the theme behind it. The Mugshot aspect, and it almost makes it seem as if it’s a crime for the focused on designers to create the fashionable pieces they do so well. That said, there are in fact some really standout garments showcased. The Neil Barrett Double Zip Bomber draws references from military influence including the double length cuffs on the arms, the military-style pocket on the left arm and the extended section on the inside of the central zip. Then there’s the Skull Scarf from the legendary Alexander McQueen, a nice simple accessory to set off any outfit. Lastly, the Alpaca Cardigan by Marc Jacobs. Its blended with warm wool fabric and comes in a muted grey tone perfect for an all white button down shirt and slick pair of trousers. You can find all of the items now through oki-ni’s webstore. [via]
Makayama today introduces the ‘Movie Mount for iPad2‘, a unique piece of hardware which radically improves video capture with the iPad2. It turns the iPad2 into a complete studio. Use tele- and wide-angle lenses, attach microphones and lights. Use a tripod for professional pan- and tilt movements, and much more. Comes with a free app.
With the Movie Mount, iPad2 users get 10 new features for the device:
- Attached a tripod for stable shots, pan & tilt camera movements. Standard screwfitting.
- Use 37 mm conversion lenses, such as wide-angle and zoom*. Such as: US / EU
- Slide on-the-fly between the built-in lens and the conversion lens.
- Use shotgun microphones for better sound (requires splitter cable). Such as: US / EU
- Use an optical viewfinder to shoot in bright sunlight. Such as: US / EU
- Use a video light for better performance in low light. Such as: US / EU
- Easier iMovie editing, with a 9 degrees working angle.
- The mount allows your iPad to stand upright and be used as monitor.
- The free Movie Mount iPad app allows you to manually control video recording
- Fully compatible with Smart Cover.